As the calendar pages fall away, the final quarter of the calendar year is approaching the final month to
make sure everything is addressed properly. Now is the time to assess progress with closing out the
payroll year and to take stock of what still needs to be completed.
Activities that are best addressed in November include:
- Start verifying your company information, including company tax ID’s, W-2 delivery addresses, and email addresses are accurate in your system.
- Start verifying employee and contractor information is accurate and complete. This will eliminate W2 and 1099 errors.
- Finalize Thanksgiving payroll process schedule taking into account the holiday and notify Symphony/or your provider of any changes to your regular processing schedule
- Start verifying your employee’s YTD earnings and deductions. Any compensation missing? Any
- Review third party sick pay, if applicable
- Review fringe benefits, if applicable
- Gather data required to meet 2021 ACA reporting requirements, if applicable
- Call Symphony/your provider to discuss special year-end needs and/or schedule a one-on-one
appointment to review ACA updates and submission processes.
Year-end activities that are best addressed in December
To review December activities that ensure a smooth closeout to the year, refer to our post, The Importance of the Year-End Close – Our Year-End CHECKLIST.